The mission of KIPP Delta Elementary Literacy Academy (ELA) is to empower our students with the knowledge, skills, and character traits that will enable them to succeed in whatever path they choose and to pursue a life of value, joy, and integrity.
ELA was founded in 2009 and is the first elementary school in the KIPP Delta Public Schools network.
ELA inspires students to value learning and to work hard. Students strive to exceed grade-level standards while independently exploring questions about the world. ELA provides opportunities for all students to pursue their passions, develop expertise in what they care most about, and use their knowledge to exercise responsibility in their community, country, and the world.
ELA offers enrichment activities for students who maintain at least a 2.0 GPA and are otherwise in good standing. Through a visual and musical arts programs, extracurricular activities, and trips to both in & out-of-state destinations, our students are exposed to a breadth of activities and opportunities.
Students Enrolled @ KIPP Delta Elementary Literacy Academy
Qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch
Receive Special Education Services
Teachers @ KIPP Delta Elementary Literacy Academy
Grades Served @ KIPP Delta Elementary Literacy Academy
Commitment to Excellence
KIPP creates a partnership between parents, students, and teachers that puts learning first. All three parties sign a learning pledge called the “Commitment to Excellence”, which ensures that each will do whatever it takes to help the student climb the mountain to and through college.
- We will always help our child in the best way we know how, and do whatever it takes for him or her to prepare for college. This means we will check our child’s homework every night, let our child call the teacher if help is needed, and read with our child every night.
- We will ensure that our child arrives at DELA every day by 8:00am or boards a KIPP Delta bus at the scheduled time.
- We will arrange for our child to remain at DELA until 4:00pm.
- We will ensure that our child attends DELA during the summer and on appropriate Saturdays throughout the year.
- We will continuously communicate with the school and always make ourselves available to our child, the school, and any concerns they might have. This means that we will notify the school if our child is going to be late or miss school, we will notify the school if our contact information changes, and we will carefully read all the information that the school sends home to us.
- We will allow our child to attend DELA field lessons. We will ensure that our child adheres to the DELA dress code.
- We recognize that our child must follow the DELA rules so as to protect the safety, interests, and rights of all students and staff.
- We, not the school, are responsible for the behavior and actions of our child.
- I will always work, think, and behave in the best way I know how, and I will do whatever it takes to prepare for college and help my teammates prepare for college.
- I will complete my homework every night and call my teacher if I need help or have a question.
- I will arrive at DELA every day by 8:000am or board a bus at the scheduled time.
- I will remain at DELA until 4:00pm.
- I will attend DELA during the summer and on appropriate Saturdays throughout the year.
- I will raise my hand and ask questions in class if I don’t understand the lesson.
- I will follow the DELA dress code.
- I will work hard, be nice, and be safe so as to protect the safety, interests, and rights of all students and staff.
- I will tell the truth and take responsibility for my behavior and actions.
- I will work hard every day to become a better person and a better student.
- We will do whatever it takes to ensure that our students develop the knowledge, skills, and character traits necessary to succeed in the nation’s finest secondary schools and colleges and to pursue a life of value, joy, and integrity.
- We will always protect the safety, interests, and rights of all students and staff.
- We will be constant learners working to improve our teaching.
- We will continuously communicate with students and families and make ourselves available to address questions or concerns.
- We will live and teach the values of KIPP Delta and DELA.
- We will arrive at DELA every day by 7:30am and remain until 4:45pm.
- We will teach at DELA during the summer and on appropriate Saturdays throughout the year.
- We will make sacrifices necessary for DELA and the Team and Family.