KIPP Delta Collegiate High School (DCH), was founded in 2006 and is one of two high schools within the KIPP Delta region. Teachers focus on building a strong skill-set for college and life.
DCH offers rigorous academic courses designed to prepare students for college and career readiness. In addition, we offer students access to electives, extracurriculars, and athletics, such as Basketball, Track and Field, Football, Cheerleading, Art Club, Music Club, and Student Government Associations, as well as enrichment activities such as in-state and out-of-state field lesson destinations, to help to help students develop a broad range of skills and habits that help them lead connected, healthy and fulfilling lives.
Nearly 100% of graduating seniors are accepted to 2- or 4-year colleges and universities.
Students Enrolled @ KIPP Delta Collegiate High
Qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch
Receive Special Education Services
Teachers @ KIPP Delta Collegiate High
Grades Served @ KIPP Delta Collegiate High
Re-Commitment to Excellence
KIPP is a partnership between parents, students, and teachers that puts learning first. All three parties sign a learning pledge called the “Commitment to Excellence,” which ensures that each will do whatever it takes to help the student learn. When students matriculate to KIPP DCH, they sign a “Re-Commitment to Excellence”, further solidifying their dedication to climbing the mountain to college.
- We will make sure our child arrives at DCH every day by 8:00 A.M. (Monday through Friday) or boards a bus at the scheduled time.
- We will make arrangements so our child can remain at DCH until 4:00 P.M. (Monday through Friday).
- We will make arrangements for our child to come to DCH on appropriate Saturdays at 8:00 A.M. and remain until 12:00 P.M.
- We will ensure that our child attends DCH summer school.
- We will always help our child in the best way we know how, and we will do whatever it takes for him/her to learn. This also means that we will check our child’s homework every night, let him/her call the teacher if there is a problem with the homework, and try to read with him/her every night.
- We will always make ourselves available to our children, the school, and any concerns they might have. This also means that if our child is going to miss school, we will notify the teacher as soon as possible, and we will read carefully all the papers that the school sends home to us.
- We will allow our child to go on DCH field lessons.
- We will make sure our child follows all of the procedures and policies in the DCH Handbook.
- We understand that our child must follow DCH rules so as to protect the safety, interests, and rights of all individuals in the classroom. We, not the school, are responsible for the behavior and actions of our child.
- I will arrive at DCH every day by 8:00 A.M. (Monday through Friday) or board a KIPP bus at the correct time.
- I will remain at DCH until 4:00 P.M. (Monday through Friday).
- I will come to DCH on appropriate Saturdays at 9:00 A.M. and remain until 1:00 P.M.
- I will attend DCH during summer school.
- I will always work, think, and behave in the best way I know how, and I will do whatever it takes for me and my fellow students to learn. This also means that I complete all my homework every night, I will call my teachers if I have a problem with the homework or a problem coming to school, and I will raise my hand and ask questions in class if I do not understand something.
- I will always make myself available to parents, teachers, and any concerns they might have. If I make a mistake, this means I will tell the truth to my teachers and accept responsibility for my actions.
- I will always behave so as to protect the safety, interests, and rights of all individuals in the classroom. This also means that I will always listen to all my DCH teammates and give everyone my respect.
- I will follow and adhere to all of the procedures and policies in the DCH Handbook.
- I am responsible for my own behavior, and I will follow the teachers’ directions.
- We will maintain high expectations by believing that all of our students will make it to and through college, by setting rigorous goals for each student such that they have the knowledge and skills to succeed in college and life, and by doing whatever it takes to ensure our students meet these goals.
- We will uphold our commitment to our students and their families by making ourselves available regarding any concerns they might have; all phone calls and emails will be answered within one business day. We will always put forth the requisite time and effort to ensure our students meet their goals. We will always protect the safety, interests, and rights of all individuals in the classroom by taking ownership of our students at all times and in all ways.
- To ensure that our students have more time on task, we will arrive at DCH every day by 7:30 A.M. and will remain until at least 5:00 P.M. (Mon.-Fri.) We will come to DCH on appropriate Saturdays and take eligible students on at least one field lesson per month.
- We will take students on an End of Year Field Lesson for one week in June, we will work at the school for one week in June and have two weeks of vacation in June. We will help our students achieve their goals in the months of July and August by teaching at summer school, doing credit recovery, and participating in professional development.
- We will demonstrate our power to lead as the instructional leaders of our classrooms and also through leadership in extracurricular activities and sports. We will always model what we expect of our students and will take initiative to create opportunities for our students outside the classroom.
- We will focus on results by seeking out best practices and then using data-driven instruction to ensure that we are teaching in the best way we know how. We will ask for help when needed, collaborate with colleagues, and attend professional development classes, staff meetings, and department meetings as scheduled.